Dear Santa, It’s that time of year when kids young and old dream big dreams. Here is our big dream list for energy.
1. “The Lady in Red, is dancing with me…” Take all the red tape in Washington for liquefied natural gas and use it to wrap more presents instead. You’ll need thousands of yards of the stuff to wrap a several state-of-the-art LNG facilities, for U.S. exports. Save a few yards to wrap Chris de Burgh’s beautiful song in.
2. “The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind….” Please send a copy of Dylan’s song and a multiyear, stable production tax credit program to our wind energy friends.
3. “Baby you can drive my car.” Our electric car industry needs a 300 mile, one hour rechargeable battery system. Can that be so hard to fit under the tree, along with the Beatles tune?
4. “Let the Sunshine In…”, how about 25% efficiency and a copy of the 5th Dimension song for every silicon photovoltaic module maker?
5. “Jive Talking”, the Clean Coal marketing hype has far outweighed the actual results. Since we need coal for decades, how about some real sequestering breakthroughs scaled up to meaningful projects, while we dance to the Bee Gees?
6. Oh, can you throw in an iPad mini for Tiny Tim, with a few tunes? Thanks Santa. When you finish this list, we’ll have a new one waiting.
Happy Holidays and best wishes everyone.